Monday, August 23, 2010

Where The Waving Wheat Can Sure Smell Sweet

This past weekend we headed to our annual OU President's Community Scholars retreat. PCS is a presidential scholarship given to 100 of our most outstanding freshmen young men and women in the Sooner Family. I have been blessed with this amazing opportunity to be their staff adviser. It is one of the BEST parts of my job. I always wanted to be an event planner, teacher, and mom. Well I get to have all three dreams in ONE job! I am a mom to 100 students, plan their meetings and retreats, and teach life lessons throughout the year. God always makes our dreams bigger...if we let him! "Let go and let God"....Scott often says!
These students are dedicated, passionate, and life changers. They are inspiring to be around. This is one of the fun team-work activities they did on the low ropes course. They dedicate their time to making a difference in the lives of others.
The first night we wanted to pay tribute to OKLAHOMA. We said "Howdy" to our PCS students. So what better way than have a WESTERN party? Ashley and Alex (our student advisers) are in the picture above.
My parents always encouraged me to surround myself with people that were more talented than me, more dedicated, hard working, and inspirational. If you are accompanied by individuals that don't push you...you will never learn and grow. Each staff member in the SOONER family inspires me to be a better person. They challenge me to work harder and make things better. How blessed am I to work with such wonderful people. YE HAW!
I found my favorite cowgirl Cait!
Allison is one of my dearest and most thoughtful friends I know. I love her and her little boy Trip very much. I was blessed she was able to be there and away from A. for one night!
Brynn and I making our OU boot debut! They were a hit. B is from my husbands hometown and should be a model in New York!
My friend, mentor, and boss...Becky! She is the most incredible mom, wife, sister, daughter, and friend. Her creativity, work ethic, and sweetness is a measure of God's grace. I don't know how I got so lucky to get the world's BEST BOSS.
Here is Ash and Alex debuting our unique PCS banner. We have worked on PCS branding ALL summer. This poster was designed by my talented and dear friend Michael. Cheers to a great start to the year and to a phenomenal PCS class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.