Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lets Go Fly A Kite Up To It's Highest Height

"Someday I want to go to OU and join a sorority." Today my sweet and dear friend Caitlin finished the RUSH race. Mom and Donna came to Norman to enjoy Bid Day. We celebrated lunch at the cute cafe Fancy That with my beautiful mom, Donna, and Cait's roomie Niki. Before they found out their fate....we enjoyed yummy cake balls and refreshing iced tea. Before we knew it, Cait called with the exciting news....
Caitlin's new home...Kappa Alpha Theta! Around 2:00 p.m. Cait text us "Theta! Theta! Theta!" We headed to the house with excitement. Since it was raining we found the nearest tree to stand under as we rejoiced in her news. My mom, Donna, and I cried and laughed for our sweet Caitlin.
Jess, Niki, Cait, and I kiting our little sisters! We couldn't help ourselves...
This is shortly after we found Cait in a massive crowd. We couldn't help but yell her name and run toward her! Did I mention how hot/humid it was?
Cait and her new pledge classs waiting to take pictures on the lawn. She is a cute little kite!
Two of my favorite students at OU, Sarah and Azure. They are such uplifting, positive, and loving girls. I am blessed and lucky to have them in my life. Now Cait will get to enjoy their company too!

I saved this picture (the best) for last. This moment sums up the day, the week; okay a lifetime. As a former Panhellenic president and member of Alpha Chi Omega, I understand the bonds of sisterhood. How special to share this with your daughter and best friend. This was shortly after we yelled "Caitlin" and she ran towards us. I will never forget this day and this particular moment. Congrats to Cait! I love you. Thanks for letting me share in such a special time in your life.

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting day! I am so happy for Caitlin and all the wonderful experiences as a Theta and Sooner she has ahead of her. I'm so glad you and her mom were there to share in such a great day in her life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Caitlin!! She will love being a Theta and will love Greek life at OU. What a sweet post :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.