Sunday, August 1, 2010

Red, White, and Blue








This summer our cousin Rob was honored and promoted to General in the United States Air Force. We were truly honored to be a part of such a prestigious ceremony. That evening made me realize the importance of telling those you love how you feel. The room was full of Rob's favorite people. His little league coach, his wife, two girls, college friends, law professors; the list goes on. He took time to look at those around him and let them know what an inspiration they had been in his life. In return former bosses and colleagues were able to tell Rob what a difference he had made in their careers and what a role model he had been . One of his supervisors read an evaluation written about Rob from a former boss. I can't remember exactly what the words said, but I remember how they made me feel. What in the world would be said or written about me? I wish we all took more time for celebrations such as these; to inspire each of us to be harder workers, better spouses, and incredibly passionate about life. After the ceremony we celebrated at the Gaillardia Country Club in Oklahoma City. What a perfect summer night. Congrats Redwine family! And congrats to Rob for taking time to tell those he loves...exactly what they mean and not waiting for...someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.