Monday, August 9, 2010

A GRAND Time


This past weekend we went to Grand Lake and stayed on Monkey Island. What a great summer get-away. Ali, Bitty's sister and my dear friend, is getting married this fall. We wanted to spend the weekend celebrating Ali!
The theme was "We could have brought something borrowed, or bought something new, perhaps pack something old, but we are going with all things blue." As you can see we painted the town blue in our attire too!
The cute bride to be with Bit and I before dinner at Shebangs. I am sad I did not get a group picture of everyone, however, who could forget our friend Glenda?

Upon arrival, Bitty had everything set up and ready for the BLUE reveal. The house was decorated precious with hints of blue everywhere. The lake house was a perfect location. I can see many more trips to MI!
Bitty made little washcloth cupcakes, blue beach towels, mixed CD's, and blue inspired gifts such as chap stick, sunscreen and thoughtful things to use throughout the weekend.

As you can tell, there was plenty of food and decor to play off the theme. By the time we laid by the pool, watched Sex and the City, played Movie Scene It, and made a toast to Ali...the weekend was over. Cheers to a GRAND weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.