Sunday, November 21, 2010

Imagination


Willy Wonka once said:
Hold your breath
Make a wish
Count to three
Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of
Pure imagination
Take a look
And you'll see
Into your imagination
We'll begin
With a spin
Traveling in
The world of my creation
What we'll see
Will defy
Explanation

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world?
There's nothing
To it
This past week me and my two pals Kristen and Allison ventured to the World Creativity Forum. It has never been hosted in the United States. Oklahoma is the first to host this conference in North America.
The conference was full of innovative speakers, inspirational singers, one of a kind artistic creations (balloon sculptures pictured above) and a look into the future.
One of our OU outstanding students (pictured above) Rachel.
Sandi Patti and the Oklahoma Gospel Choir sang as local students walked on stage bare foot ending their walk throughout the city. They are walking for clean pure water to be available throughout the world.
Blake, the creator of Tom Shoes, shared his remarkable story of how he came up with the idea of 'give and get'.
Mmmbop! How cool was it to  see Hanson live! When I was 12 I would have waited for hours to see a glimpse of Isaac, Taylor, or Zach. At lunch they sat at the table beside ours. No pictures for proof, but they were exceptionally nice.

More pictures of the larger than life balloon sculptures found throughout the conference site.

Two of my favorites...Corbin and Sarah.
This was my favorite part of the two day venture. The young man pictured in the middle (Mr. Mistry) is at the verge of changing our technology as we know it. For example, one day there will be no need for computer screens, key boards, or cameras. In fact, he has already made the invisible computer mouse. It is an exceptional journey he is going on. In less than two years his ideas have advanced so strategically, he thinks his ideas will be on the market for purchase in three years. Some "imaginative" ideas I listed below:
no computer screens: your computer will be a mere projection from your "necklace" device
hold out your airline ticket: your computer gadget will automatically show your delays, gates, and other airline information:
no need for cameras: hold up your hands to show your computer what you want to take a picture of; it will snap the moment for you to view later

These are only a FEW of many ideas he was able to share and demonstrate live. I look forward to seeing more of his creativity at work for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.