Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Blind Side

Every once in a while you get an amazing opportunity to meet people along your life journey. To say that ANY DAY I want to meet a celebrity is an understatement. When I am in New York or L.A. I look around like crazy to celebrity spot! Well last week I didn't travel to NY or California to check out local celebs, we had one in our own back yard in Norman, OK.

Last year Scott and I went to the movie theatre (our favorite past time) and we check out "The Blind Side." To say that our hearts were touched is an undertatement. The true story made to movie encompassed the message to look around our very own communities and see where we can help. Sandra Bullock went on to win the Oscar for the part she played- Lee Ann Tuohy. Ms. Lee Ann graced us with her beauty last week on campus. My friend Taylor (pictured above), and Sarah were able to attend her meet and greet before her lecture. She was just as much a fireball in real person as Ms. Bullock played her in the movie.
Her talk was motivating, clever, and genuine. She talked how many other Michael Orr's are in the world that need assistance-a chance. My favorite line of the evening was at the beginning of her talk; it sums up her fun and witty personality.

"Our family used to allow questions at the beginning of our talks and we would thoughtfully answer. However, y'all started asking the same thing over and over...'has your life changed since the movie?' well let's think about this. My life was just showcased on a major motion picture that grossed $30 million in the opening weekend, Sandra Bullock won the Oscar for playing me in a story about our families life, her marriage went downhill, then she adopted a black baby...you're stinkin' right my life has changed." LAT

Cheers to you Ms. Lee Ann. You were such an amazing rock and perfect person to come in all our lives and remind us how significant it is to change a journey for someone else. I hope my days are full of impact such as yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.