Sunday, October 13, 2013

These Little Town Blues...Are Melting Away

When I was in choir in middle school we sang Frank Sinatra's  "New York New York." I always loved the part when it spoke about the little town blues melting away. Being from a small town in the Midwest I could relate whole heartedly to wanting to "be a part of it...in 'ol New York." The next morning we awoke ready for our downtown double decker bus tour. Well if you are going to the big apple you have to be prepared for plans to not always work the way you thought they would. When we arrived at the busses we realized an hour wait just wouldn't do. Off to Top of the Rock!
Last time we didn't do TOR or Empire State. So this time it was on our list. And we are so glad it was!











 

We headed down the street to meet up with our pals from Oklahoma! My dear friends Sarah and Koby happened to be in the city at the exact same time (not planned at all). We met up to go see the production of Once. Wow! It was incredible.
Then we headed to get our OU gear on and eat some yummy dinner prior to the game. Elle brought us to some of the best Mexican food ever on the Lower East Side.
Cheers to a great night ahead!
We then headed to Madhatter Bar near Murray Hill to watch the game. NY does a great job with OU alumni. They pick a different bar each year. Then they open it to fans each and every game. We had so much fun seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Go OU!

One of my "someday" wishes was to be at a table with Elle and Sarah at the same time. They are such LIGHTS in my life and true characters out of a movie. They both make me laugh all the time. I knew it would be a hit...and it was!


Since it was Sarah's birthday weekend we had to treat her to yummy cupcakes at my favorite stop in all of NY...Magnolia Bakery. Since the midtown location was closer to our hotel, we brought them for a quick treat. Sarah forgot she was not in Norman anymore. She might have laid her purse on the sidewalk for a quick pic. See what I mean! Characters from a movie!

Meanwhile my sweet love bug was at home with her dad! He spoiled her while mom was away. As you can see here she was able to watch Mickey Mouse in our bed while sipping on smoothies. Oh the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.