Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day III In The City

By the third day we knew we would have to get up early to get on the bus. So we did. Good morning New York! After a quick coffee we rushed to the downtown tour. We had the best time.


Ad we were riding along enjoying the history of the city, I couldn't help but snap a picture of our last hotel home. What a dream it was to stay at the Waldorf last time. Cheers!
As we approached Central Park South we got off. We went to a magnificent restaurant called Sarabeth's. Not only chic but really good food. I had pankcakes and sausage. I ate every bite. Elle and Matthew joined us. We had the best conversation about Cape Cod, East coast living, and traditional yet charming Elaine stories.
Columbus Circle was a great destination to tell Matthew Ciao! After we said goodbye we went on our way for a fun girls afternoon.


While walking through the upper west side, I couldn't help admire the architecture.
We headed to the American History Museum. We loved walking around and admiring the different cultures in each section.

Off to Shake Shack. Count me in for late afternoon ice cream.
We decided to keep going that evening. We boarded the bus for a night tour over the bridge and to Brooklyn. I have never been to the burrows of the city. We loved and admired the city at night from the top!


As we journeyed we checked this little place out that was having it's grand opening the next day. We knew we had to come back!

And somedays...you have to end the day with extra hot pizza. This little place right down the street from our hotel stole our hearts. The men who owned it were from Italy. It was great food and awesome service. Wished we would have eaten there one more time.

We had one more day to conquer the city. I always get sad the last day I am on vacation. Not because I don't want to go home, but the reality of "life" coming back. I view vacations as wonderlands. A place to get away from the trueness of our everyday lives. The bills, the housework, the stress. It is an escape! I treasured the time with my mom and friends. Didn't want it to end. But every ending is the beginning of something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.