Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Emmy's Sip and See

A few weeks ago I went home to Clinton to spend some time with my family and see some sweet friends. I really treasured that drive to my hometown as I realized it would be my last time to drive those 83 miles by myself. I would be a mom next time I hit I-40 west bound. My first stop was to Karen's home. She spoiled Izzy and I with the most beautiful burp cloths all embroidered with different artwork on each one. It was so thoughtful and great to see her, her boys, and Ruthy! Next, my mom and I hit the town. It was fun shopping around Clinton and eating what else...Wong's for dinner. My mouth waters just thinking about their sweet and sour sauce! The Rother girls came over to end the evening with laughs and stories.

The next day Bitty, Ali, and I headed out to see our sweet friend Emberly and her new bundle of joy Liv Grace.
I have not seen Emmy since my wedding three years ago. It was wonderful to visit her in her parents new home. We all had so much fun catching up and talking "mommy" stuff. Her little angel was gorgeous. I was delighted to spend the afternoon with them.

Cheers to my amazing friends I have literally had since kindergarten! I had such a blessed weekend with my mom, the Rother girls, my dad, grandfather, and the Smith's. Next time I will see Red Tornado valley, I will be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.