Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...A Pink and Gold Summer

This past weekend was such a special one. I got to spend it with two of my favorite girls Bitty and Ali. They thought since Izzy is on her way, we needed one more girls get-away to celebrate her arrival that quickly approaches. Even though we are not related, they are truly sisters to me. We have seen each other through thick and thin, ups and downs, and are still by each others sides going through life together. We realized a long time ago, not one of us is perfect, but we can all support and love one another PERFECTLY.
The day started off with a much needed cut and color. I chopped 2 inches off! I think I am getting the "mommy cut" down. We headed to get our mani and pedi combos next. To our surprise, Mr. Dawkins aka my dreamboat called into the salon and took care of our bill. I don't know how I got so lucky! We were all thankful and took a much needed break as we ate yummy pretzels and cheese!
As always, we found lots to giggle about. There was a point I had to take a chance in getting my nails messed up to wipe the tears from laughter. I have so much fun with these two.
We headed to our favorite shops next.
And found some great deals on clothes, shampoo & conditioner, and cute clothes (did I already mention that) however, they were not for me...but a little girl who shall remain nameless!
Next we headed to one of the best Norman eateries...Benvenuti's. Our Italian dinner was delicious, not to mention our meaningful conversation. At the end of our meal our waitress brought out a beautiful cake with candles and Izzy's initials. It was of course strawberry...PINK! It was delicious not to mention thoughtful.
The girls showered IJD with gifts too. I will treasure them always. I can't begin to express how meaningful that day and evening was. They both worked so hard to make a special day for Iz and I. She can't wait to meet you SOMEDAY Al and Bit. I can't wait for her to see how generous, kind, and sweet you are. Cheers to you and your thoughtful day. I love you more than you know. Thanks for always being there for me. Can't wait for our next girls day...plus one! 

2 comments:

  1. The day was perfection! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day!! That's a perfect way to spend one of your last Saturday's before Miss Izzy makes her arrival.

    By the way, you look GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.