Monday, March 14, 2011

Winter Get Away Vaca

This past Christmas, Scott got me the ultimate gift...a cruise to the Caribbean during the winter. I have never been to a warm tropical beach while it was snowing in Oklahoma. We had the best time. I highly recommend getting away around January/February. It was great to sleep in, eat, lay out, then sleep some more! 
 
Our first stop was the island of St. Maarten. We rented a three wheeler and explored the island by ourselves. It was a great experience. We had lunch, hung out by the beach, and drove around the entire island.
Toward the end of the day we headed to the airport where we heard airplanes fly right over you. We heard it was a sight to see. We barely caught this plane coming in behind us. It was fun!
Scott was brave enough to let me drive...well for about 5 minutes, then my turn was over. : ) We loved St. Maarten. Even though we had been to this island 6 months before, it was a completely different trip with our fun 3 wheel friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.