Thursday, March 10, 2011

And Then There Were Four

Pickles and ice cream have been at the top of our grocery list. In addition to "One Born Every Minute", "A Baby Story", and "Bringing Home Baby" have been frequently watched tv shows on our DVR for weeks now. I have been reading  pregnancy books, discovering mommy websites, and phone baby applications like they are going out of style. All this to say...we are expecting our little bundle of joy this August.

Anyone who knows me well can attest to my loving heart for our sweet dog Bernie. He truly came into my life as a complete surprise. He has brightened our days and continues to warm our hearts. At this point it is true to ask "why is she bringing up their dog when she is talking about a baby?" Because Bernie has changed our lives in ways we couldn't imagine and there is no doubt how much Scott and my life will change for the better again. God is always several steps ahead of us.

I was at lunch today with a girlfriend who has a one year old. As I was holding her little boy, I couldn't help but think this will be my little one soon. I got so excited I could hardly breathe in that moment. I would be lying if I told you the nursery is ready, furniture is in place, and paint samples are selected. We are waiting to find out if we are having a little boy or girl. Once that is discovered (in two weeks but who is counting?) I am sure we will get busy. Well let me say...I will be obsessed and Scott will have to tell me to slow down a time or two.

All my energy and excitement can't be put down in words. My thoughts and prayers can...I pray that this little angel knows how much it is loved. It will come into this world and come home to a house filled with happiness, peace, and joy. It will be cared for by two parents who are in love with each other and the Lord our God. Our hope is this child is a true ambassador for Christ. Scott and I continue to grow as people and life partners...that is our conditional hope for baby Dawkins; always moving forward and growing. I know there will be good times and hardships just like a marriage. Scott and I have so much more fun that we ever do heartache. I know that is what Team Dawkins will continue to take life with a grain of salt and be a light for others. So baby Dawkins cheers to you....we are cheering with skim milk of course....we can't wait to meet you, hold you, and love you forever.

2 comments:

  1. You and Scott will be the most fun, caring, loving, thoughtful, best parents EVER! I am more excited for you guys than I know how to express. Love you so much and can't wait to love on Baby D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for making the big announcement on your blog!! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait for baby Dawkins to be here. You guys are going to be great parents and Bernie will be a great big brother :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.