Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tickled Pink

This past Thursday, March 24th, Scott and I headed to Oklahoma City to find out if we are having a little boy or baby girl. The night before, we headed out to our annual date night. As we were eating delicious Italian food compliments of Othello's, we discussed our hopes for this little baby. No matter if it's a boy or a girl, our hopes were still the same. We want this angel to have a life full of joy and happiness. We want it to find peace and love in the true pleasures in life, not materialism. We hope it finds true friends and lives life to the fullest. As we agreed on all our hopes and prayers for this little one, there was one thing we couldn't come to an agreement on...a little boy name. There are so many names we love, but couldn't find "the one." However, our girl name has been agreed upon BM...before marriage. As we stood up to leave, I had a thought, perhaps we aren't destined for a boy this time around...since we agree on a little girl name...maybe this is a beautiful girl.

The next morning and two bottles of water later, we were  in the Lakeside Women's hospital waiting room. As they called my name we were greeted by the cutest most polite ultrasound tech...Sara (pictured above). As I laid there with warm "goo" oozing off my tummy, Sara looked at Scott and I pretty quickly and said she could tell us the sex of the baby when we were ready. We grabbed hands, and took a deep breath...we were ready! "You are going to have a little girl...it's a girl." Scott looked at me as I looked at her little tiny body, and began to cry. How in the world did we get so blessed? A healthy little girl was just moving all around greeting us with happiness! I can't remember the next few minutes because of the state of awe and surprise I was in.

Twenty four pictures sonogram pictures later, Sara gave us both a big hug, and we were on our way...the three of us!

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Little girls are so much fun!! And isn't it fun to drink that much water then have them press down on your tummy!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kari! Your precious little girl is so lucky to have you and Scott as parents. And little does she yet know, she will be the most stylish bundle of joy ever :) Love you!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.