Monday, March 14, 2011

Winter Get-Away Part II

Our second stop was San Juan, Puerto Rico. Scott and I had never been to this island. It was such a fun day. We could definitely head back and stay for a vacation by itself.
The forts that were built in the 1500's were captivating. It is remarkable these people built these huge walls by hand. It was breathtaking. The fields were green, temperature just right, and ocean and sky were perfectly blue. 
 The cemetery located on the island is right by the ocean. It was fascinating. 

 Christopher Columbus landed on this island during his travels and explorations. He has a statue and town square dedicated to him. We hung out here and shopped around while the towns artists gathered their creative works for display. We hung out at an outdoor cafe and had some drinks. Don't worry, I had some refreshing sprite.
Cheers to San Juan! It was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.