Monday, October 22, 2012

Go OU! Beat Texas!

 My parents recently asked me if  OU/TX is all it's hyped up to be. Why yes; yes it is. It is such a fun time, however, I have never experienced it as an "adult." To understand completely why I have not entered the promise land so willingly, you would have to join us for a Jacobson family Thanksgiving. That's where all our favorite stories are told. But for good humor I will put forward a small display of what I went through in the fall of 2004. LOST...and I am not speaking of the hit TV show. Me. Lost. At OU/TX. At the Texas State Fair. No cell reception. No problem right. When I go to my pre-planned group seat I will find my friends and family. Wrong. They grouped me wrong. LOST. At OU/TX. Rain. Pouring. Not to make the story any better or more entertaining. I was lost in the rain...say it with me "at OU/TX."
 Now you have a better idea of why I didn't want to head back to this game so fast. You will also appreciate how I made 2 different "lost" plans with my handsome husband. In case we got lost while standing at the fair. Meet at Big Tex's right hand (may he rest in peace). In case we got lost at the stadium meet at our gate 17.
 Last minute trip to Texas....priceless! Literally! We had the time of our lives. Everything worked out perfectly. Including running into our favorite friends Friday night. It brought back lots of college memories. I have never experienced this epic game without my friends Brandon, David, and Michael. Now I can honestly say I look forward to spending it with Scott for years to come.
I look forward to SOMEDAY taking our future family to this event. Tell the story of how I got lost as we head south on I35. As we cross the Red River our kids will yell simultaneously from the back seat yell where our "meeting spots" are in case we get separated. We will get Fletcher's corndogs together, eat cotton candy, then hit the rides. Yell "Texas Sucks" but only while we are at the game. No saying "sucks" once we leave the feild. Then do more rides, eat cinammon rolls, and laugh...and laugh...SOMEDAY.

Cheers to you Texas...you really suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.