Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thirty and Thriving

What would 30 be like SOMEDAY? Well I have to tell you...SUPER SPECIAL. What more can a girl ask for than great friends to celebrate with? My 30th birthday weekend was one to remember. My sweet mom hosted a women's brunch for me in Clinton. All my old school teachers, church friends, ya ya's, childhood friends, and co-workers celebrated in Clinton. My mother had a "KJ Museum" where she displayed all my ballet costumes from when I was 3 and up, cheer uniforms, prom dresses, yearbooks, pictures, and stories I had written. Thank you mom for an incredible morning with such wonderful women in my life.
 
To my surprise later that evening in Oklahoma City, Scott arranged a surprise party for me. Who knew? Literally! I had no idea. Best part? I had on a tshirt and gym shorts. What 30 year old walks into her party wearing "mom clothes!" ME! Who cares? It was the people I will remember most. Thank you Scott for bringing our family and friends all together in the same room for an awesome occasion.
 
My actual birthday was on a Tuesday. It was full of more love and sweet thoughts than I could ever dream. Jennifer Gardner once said in the movie 13 Going On 30..."I want to be 30, flirty, and thriving." I don't know about the "flirty" part, but I do hope my somedays are full of thriving forward. Really running to what matters. Our 20's are full of anticipation and hard work. We set ourselves up in those 10 years for the rest of our lives! I found my sweet soul mate, graduated college, got my Master's at OU, started a full time job I still have, had a baby, and made the most incredible friends and support system I could ask for. Whew! Makes me tired even thinking of those fun filled days. Would I change a thing? Not a chance! I love you roaring 20's but it's time for me to move on!
 
Here's to 30...and thriving! Cheers!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.