Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Summer Lovin' Had Me A Blast...Summer Happened So Fast

This past summer of 2012 flew by! There were lots of highlights. Even though we didn't blog through the months, we wanted to catch up on ALL things summer!

 Each June and July OU has an orientation program for freshman called Camp Crimson. They honor an OU faculty or staff member at each camp. This year I was asked to be a "namsake" where the camp is named after you and called your "family." As you can see from the shirts they wore above...I'm the real KD. Who is Kevin Durant anyway?
 Of course I had to have a theme for my presentation. What better way to introduce the students to OU by welcoming them to OZ (lose the "Z" and add a "U") we are not in Kansas anymore! I told the freshman each of them needs a heart, a brain, and courage in college. Then gave examples from my life.
Of course we had to build the emearld city in "OZ." My friends Quy, Kristen, Bridgette, and Michael literally gave so much of their time to help me. Not to mention friends and family coming to Norman for the special occasion. We are off to see the wizard...the wonderful wizard of OU....what a special time.
 Literally the day that camp was out, we headed for a family vacation. We brought Izzy to Texas for a long weekend. Boy oh boy did we have fun. You wouldn't believe the fireworks at the Rangers stadium! Izzy loved the Dallas Aquarium! And we really enjoyed the lagoon pool at our hotel. It was such a fun first family road trip.

Then we celebrated America! USA USA! We went over to our family's home in Edmond. We swam, hung out, ate (the best part), and watched fireworks.
 Our day to day consisted of long walks to the park. We have 3 great parks around our neighborhood. So we take turns visiting them. Izzy loves the swing and to climb on and around all the play equipment.
Even though it was fast; it was a fun and special summer. We loved all our campers that are now part of the "Dawkins" family. Especially our Oreintation Guide Vicky. What a summer that meant so much. Izzy...look forward to what is to come! It will be more than our wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.