Monday, June 13, 2011

Sweet Tweets....Izzy's Shower Brunch

I am such a girly girl. Since I was little, I have loved weddings and showers. I wouldn't miss one! I have been dreaming of our baby showers (much like our wedding) since I was a little girl. These past two weekends, have fulfilled my "someday" vision. We have literally been showered with love. This past weekend was a women's brunch in sweet Izzy J.'s honor. Boy oh boy...did my amazing friends out-do themselves. 
 The second I walked in, I noticed the tablecloths matched the invitations to the shower. Accompanied with monogrammed silverware rings and water bottle labels ordered just for the special occasion.

 What is a brunch without yummy donut holes? Each one had a stick with Izzy's initials or Izzy on each one.
There is a picture (art) I ordered for IJD's room. It is of birds on a cherry blossom tree. As you can see, there were beautiful branches, birds, and cherry blossoms all over Kate's home. 
 I was so blessed my mom came from Clinton to be here on the occasion. It was so much fun introducing her to my favorite women! I love you Tingie. Thanks for all my sweet things for the hospital. Izzy will love all her mom's PJ's not to mention the smell of SJP NYC.
 One of my favorite friends and pledge sisters Heather joined the party. She has a little girl Parker and has already been such a help on advice! I was thrilled she was there.

 One of my dearest friends Stacy came to honor Iz too. She just had a baby girl 10 weeks ago...Eve. I hope I look half as good as  this after giving birth. I went to her house for dinner last week, and loved holding Ev and playing with their 2 and a half year old girl Ainsley. Stacy is the one who recommended my doctor at Lakeside.
 My sweet Alpha Chi grandbig Stepahnie and her mom Nancy (who came all the way from Clinton). So happy they were there. They honored us with twin stories (Haper and Owen were born 2 months ago). IJ will love her Zoo Jumperoo!
Mere (one of my former students and now dear friend) drove all the way from Bartlesville. I was thrilled when I saw her walk in the door. She is such a light in my life. Always sweet, kind, and beautiful inside and out.
There isn't a  party without the Bonner girls present! Julie gets married in 7 days...and we couldn't be happier for their sweet family. As you can see Iz's Auntie Sara is pictured. She loves her "BAE" Best Aunt Ever.
 I have known the Ratcliffe family since Madeline was in the 8th grade. Love you girls!

Of course the sweet Rother girls came for the occasion. I am in love with my diaper bag!
 Sarah and Jessica made the trip from Edmond. It was great to see two women that mean so much.

 Some of my dearest OU friends: Jill, Andrea, and  Claudia.

Blast from the past! My sweet friend Merideth (who just got married) brought Izzy shoe/socks. It couldn't have been more perfect since she is Miss In Style herself. She always looks stunning. It was great to see her and catch up on married life.
 I wasn't able to get a picture with everyone, but I wouldn't miss a chance to grab these fabulous ladies. These six women have added such a light and joy to my life. I know Izzy will be thrilled to meet them too. I can't thank them enough for everything they did for this shower...but beyond that too. Each one of them has touched my life for the better. The "Wicked" song comes to mind "Because you loved me, I have been changed for good."


 One of their gifts were IZZY letters for her nursery. Brynn actually made these. It is a side business she does and they are stunning in person too! They are already up! Thanks B...I love them.
 If the shower were not gift enough...they accompanied Izzy's letters with a high chair we registered for. We love it. Becky and her sweet husband John assembled it for us too. You are the best! They also made her a sign for the hospital door.

One of the fabulous parts of my pregnancy has been to be preggo with one of my best friends Allison. We are literally 2  weeks apart on our due date. We are thrilled to have maternity leave off together. This was William and Izabelle's first official meeting. They already love one another.

I made the hostesses open their gifts together. One of their presents was modeled beautifully below!
 On the way out, everyone was given "Sweet Tweets." These iced sugar cookies were hot pink, yellow, and green little birds. Again the theme was just precious.
Cheers to such a magnificent and fun day. I will never forget all the personalized touches, over-the-top decor, and most of all, the women that stood in that room. At the end of the shower I took a moment to reflect what each women represented to me. Some of them I've known for quite some time. Others...are friendship is just blooming. I was stunned to realize how far some guest drove...Dallas, Tulsa, Clinton and so on. Scott and I are floored to know people would give up their time (on a Saturday) to show our growing family love and support. Regardless, each person has touched Scott and my life in a way we can never articulate. Someday, I hope Izzy takes qualities of these women and grows in their love as I have. She is blessed to be surrounded my strong, successful, loving ladies. I can't wait for her to meet them...someday. What a gorgeous brunch and an even better start to our baby girls life!

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous, over-the-top, baby shower! You, little miss, are just glowing! You don't even look pregnant. You are such a beautiful mommy-to-be. Sorry I had to miss. It was Jeb's birthday and we had a weekend getaway to celebrate and celebrate our anniversary. I love you and I can't wait to meet Izzy...someday :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.