Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mom's Mentor Moments

Izzy, my full intention to have this blog is for you and our family. I want to take time every once and awhile to write a few things down I think are of high importance. We will continue to learn and grow with these lessons as time goes along, however, I want to lay a foundation now so we can get started early. 

So here is my mommy mentor moment number 1...sister, you need great girlfriends. Not the kind that make you feel sub-par, mediocre, or drained. Uh-huh, learn to say "no thank you" to those kind of people. I am talking about the kind of girls who are Godly women. The kind that pick you up, pour positivity into your life so abundantly it flows over your cup. Find generous, humble, sweet, happy-go lucky, sassy, full of fruits of the spirit kind of friends. The kind that leave you better without even trying. The kind that motivate you to keep the world a beautiful place.

I feel God has led me to these kinds of women. Girlfirends who are creative, wonderful wives, loving mom's, generous, kind, and full of joy. You see, they are examples to me without even knowing it! The best part about them...they let me graciously be myself. I never try to be anyone else but me around them.

I pray you will find wise,strong and spiritual women as friends; but the most important part of my prayer is...you are a friend. You see, to have friends, you first have to be a friend. You need to pour as much thoughtfulness as you can into those who surround you as much as possible. Be a shining light to everyone. Be kind, loving, and always put your best foot forward. You will be shocked the kind of people God sends your way.

Bottom line, you need great women in your life for mentorship, guidance, love, and above all else...FUN. The kind of fun that makes you sing out loud to Justin Beiber as you drive to Sonic on a sunny day.

Love you,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Izzy will have great girlfriends and will be a great friend, just like her momma!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.