Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

This past weekend Scott and I were thrilled to head out to Clinton for the annual and famous ornament exchange. Each year it's hosted at a different home. It was my parents turn to host...and the house looked gorgeous. There are several families that we have been close with since I was born. We are blessed to have such great families surrounding us. Above is my dad and I before the party began!







Everyone brought their favorite snack to share. The food was yummy!






Poor Carley, this little pink blow fish got taken from her in less than 5 minutes (since we play dirty Santa). She never gets to hold on to the ornaments she loves! At least she had it first!
My father is like the character George Banks off the movie Father of The Bride. He had no clue the ornament he chose was actually brought by my mom and "him." He liked it because it was in the shape of the letter J. Come to find out, he was the one who brought it. He didn't have a clue since my mom always makes the purchase. At the end of the game, we go around and say who brought what. After he sat there in silence when no one responded, my mom shouted "Bob...we brought that one dear!" The room was full of laughter, just as it should be.
Cheers to the Ya Ya's! I love our extended family. Merry Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Dreams really do come true. I have shared many days with the love of my life, Scott. We met in the winter of 2003 and married in the spring of 2008. We welcomed our sweet bundle of joy to the world August 2011. Izabelle has been a true blessing from our Father. We also have a furry pal named Bernie. I love my family and couldn't be more thankful for friends. My hope is that our blog will help share our days with the ones we love.